Monday, February 16, 2009

9 February, 2009

Hey Mom!!!
Great to hear that everything is going great. Tell Matt good job with the wrestling. And remind Cameron that he is only a Freshman and had 3 more years ha ha ha... he's already wrestling varsity so he is doing awesome!

That's awesome that they had the baby blessing (his friend Derick) but that is kind of awkward that they had it after the meetings, I've never heard of that happening. You're lucky to get to see everyone...I miss being able to hang out at night. The other night as we were walking back to the apartment, I was thinking and I realized as I walk to the apartment every night, I'm not going home for two years... It was kind of a depressing moment. I miss being able to come home at night. I'm glad to hear that you talked to Carlie and that she's doing good. ha ha ha.

Oh yeah, I'll have to tell Dad Happy Birthday!!!!!

Now about our investigators....Ricardo, the one we have been teaching since we found him, my second day here, we were about to drop him and then we went over to tell him that unless he started coming to church, we couldn't keep teaching him cause he needs to progress. . . Well yesterday, we went and picked him up and took him to church since we don't have help from the members. He only has two more weeks and he can get baptized. He has had all the lessons already so we started going over the baptismal questions so he'd be ready for his interview. He has given up wine and is practically a totally different person.
We are also teaching a lady, Rocio, and hope to put a baptismal date with her soon too.
You are always in my thoughts and prayers too!!!
Love
Elder Johnny Berghout

1 comment:

emily ballard said...

It's great to read these updates. You'll have to tell him that the baby blessing after the meetings made it LESS awkward.