Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3 March 2009

Hey Mom,

Everything is going great!!!! Yup, I made it to my area and met my new companion....the whole first day he pretended that he didn't know English so I just had to speak Spanish ha ha... I did alright!!! Oh, just so you know, He is from Samoa, not Tonga, the Zone leaders told me wrong. Ha ha. He is awesome, he and I are still learning Spanish so at times it gets a little difficult but everything is great. This week, we are going on an English fast---so no speaking English this week. Ha ha.

I haven't found any dry cleaners so as of right now, no, but, I really don't need it that bad... but it is nice, one of the sisters in the ward washes all our whites... It's so nice!!!

As for the drain, it works great, but.... the shower has no pressure so we fill up a bucket like the one we used to stand in, taking about a half hour to fill up for each person. Then we take a cup and shower with a cup. . . It definitely saves water!!!

The area is awesome. It's still actually not in the city, but the members are amazing! They ask us how they can help, rather that having to bug them every time we need someone!!!

Elder Peni and I get along amazing. My first day we found a new investigator, he is from Africa. It's so awesome. We went in and taught the first lesson on the contact and we hadn't even practiced together and the lesson went so smooth. We both work well together cause he had a hard time with his companion last transfer--worse than I did with mine. But anyways, this investigator from Africa has to go back to Spain to get his papers cause right now, he is just here as a tourist and is starting to study so we are planning to finish teaching him when he gets back and baptize him next transfer...He is accepting everything... Then we are teaching this family from Bolivia, too. Talk about straight Lamonite decendents!!! It seems like everyone other than Argentines seem to accept us, but oh well, as long as someone is!!!!

I think that's about all for now, talk to you next week. Love you.
Love Your Elder Johnny Berghout

No comments: