Monday, August 31, 2009

31 2009 August

Hey Mom,

I hope everything is going good there!!! My week has sure been a tough one. I've been working as hard as I can just trying to do everything right and it seems like everything I do, Satan is trying to do the opposite or stop. For instance, Saturday we had a baptism. We went and started the water in the font at like 12:30 and left the church to do some more work. We came back at 4, one hour before the baptism and found that it had only filled a couple inches. As people started arriving, we were still trying to find what was wrong with the water. We finally found that one of the pipes was not filling the water tank and was just running out and down the side of the water tower. We fixed it and started the baptism talks and things and by that time there was enough water that she could sit in the water and be baptized that way. Quite a story huh. . . then we were hoping to have three or more investigators in church but not one came. I hope this week goes better.
Love,
Your Elder Johnny Berghout

1 comment:

Mark said...

What a cool missionary.