Friday, November 28, 2008

23 November 2008

Mom,

Yeah, it's been really crazy almost two months for me too! I actually got my flight plans on Thursday the 20th. On Monday, December 1st, we leave the MTC at 8:00 am. Our flight leaves Salt Lake at 12:10 pm to Dallas, TX where we'll arrive at 3:45 pm. We'll leave Dallas at 7:35 pm and arrive at 9:55 am in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on the 2nd (December). Then, I think we get on a bus and have a long trip to Neuquen.
I got your email and wrote back. I can only get on for 30 min each Wednesday right now in the MTC.
Wow, Yeah I forgot Blake (a friend) was getting married. That's awesome that they got a nice day for their wedding.
I am excited about you and Carlie doing a scrapbook for me. I have not got a letter from her all week and I think I might DIE Ha ha Ha...JK!!! I'm sending pictures and my (memory) card.
I was at a Fireside a couple of weeks ago and one of the speakers said," only when we have things taken away from us do we realize the true value of them." It's so true. I miss everyone a lot, No hugs for TWO years :( But it's ok, I'll survive. I miss Carlie a ton!!! I don't think about it too much during the day when I'm busy working, but at night, when I lay in bed, I have time to just think for myself.....
By the time you get this letter, it will probably be too late to send anything back until i get to Argentina. (We sent him one last package before he left!!!)
I know with all my heart that the Church is true. I know that we wouldn't have what we do, if it wasn't for Joseph Smith. And the more that I learn, the more I learn how lucky I am to have an Eternal Family.
Love you so much and miss your hugs before going to bed at night, I miss ALL hugs from anyone.

Love
Elder Johnny Berghout

Dad,
... Yeah know, I think almost everyone here at the MTC has been sick, but I haven't yet and am hoping I last this last week without getting it before I leave. .....(repeat of flight plans)
I know this church is true with all my heart. The more I learn, the more I know how lucky I am to be apart of it.

Love
Elder Berghout

No comments: