Tuesday, January 6, 2009

4 January 2009

Mom,
Hey everything is going great!!! I haven't gotten the package yet but I am hoping it comes today! Thanks for the pictures, Elder Frazier is getting ready to go home and wanted to see what my house looked like before he left.
I didn't think I could write (email) other people but the Elders said it's okay, just not to spend too much time on it.
This week, I got sick and had diahria for a day but I am all better now so no worries.
Ha ha I wish you could send me some snow too!!! It was around 105 or more yesterday but I didn't quite cook so I am still alive.
This week because of the Holidays, nobody is home so contacting is hard but we did happen to find one guy but at the beginning he didn't want to hear anything out of OUR BIBLE, the Book of Mormon, but we got talking with him and taught him the whole first lesson and he was speechless and didn't know what to say. We were going to give him a Book of Mormon but he still didn't want anything to do with it. He said he had a question and asked where we go after this life, so we taught him the whole second lesson. At the end of an hour and a half of not wanting anything to do with the Book of Mormon, He asked aren't you going to give me one of your books? So we did and showed him where to read and asked his name and when we could return to talk more but he didn't want us to come back or know his name. It was really funny, but we're hoping to stop by and see if he wants to know more.
Love
Elder Johnny Berghout

1 comment:

Mark said...

What a great missionary. Good work Jonathon. If all else fails, tell him you'll baptize him when he's dead anyway.